We all love our cars and trucks and the freedom they bring. Now, we can make them greener too. Come on in to any of our auto service centers nationwide, where we take care of you in ways that make a big difference for the environment every day.
Ways we help you breathe easier
- Free air pressure checks: Did you know that tires with too little air make your car or truck use more gas? That's because more of the tire touches the road, which makes more friction, which means more effort for the engine. The Department of Transportation figures that low tires alone cost Americans 2 billion gallons in extra fuel each year. Bring your car or truck in for a free monthly pressure check and top off at any of our auto service centers. It's fast, easy and will save you hundreds of dollars a year. (That's something that makes everyone breathe easier!)
- Fuel-friendly tires: Ask about "low rolling resistance" tires next time you stop in. These tires offer less friction as they roll, which reduces fuel use by several miles per gallon. Yet they still brake well, so you don't have to worry about safety. With our fuel-friendly tires, you could go 20-40 miles more on an average tank of gas, tank after tank after tank.
Cleaner water and earth
- Battery recycling: Batteries contain lead, powerful acids and other dangerous parts. We'll recycle your old battery, including the plastic casings. This keeps the hazardous waste out of landfills and waterways.
- Used fluids: Back in the old days when folks replaced oil at home in the driveway, nobody thought twice about pouring the old oil out in the back of the yard. Turns out, that's pretty dangerous. Old motor oil, ATF fluid and even old coolant are toxic to people and animals. Today, you're better off having your oil and fluids changed by one of our experts, who will also recycle the used ones safely.
- Tires: Used tires are a landfill headache. When you buy at our service centers, your old tires are sent for recycling. The recycled rubber goes to make new things like roads that are cooler, softer and more durable; athletic surfaces; shoe soles, and much more. This keeps tires out of landfills and gives them new life.